Exciting Sales & Marketing role has been created to provide support in coordinating the publishing rights & licensing activity in the APAC region. Representing the company to customers, you will be responsible for achieving annual territory sales targets - maintaining an awareness of the business and competitive trading environment. This position reports into the Managing Director of the APAC operation and will work alongside the Global Rights Team based in the UK.
- Support the sales team by working with internal databases to provide reporting and information on an as needed basis, and data entry as necessary
- Achieving and exceeding annual territory sales targets, and contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the division
- Attending regional book fairs and other rights events.
- Planning, scheduling and carrying out regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets within own sales region across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
- Cultivating strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
- Reporting periodically to managers on sales progress and the business environment, this ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
- Collecting and disseminating market, competitor, and customer feedback, including passing on leads where the customer and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering
- Prepares for, attends, and contributes to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory.
- Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits
- Providing administrative support to sales department including drafting of contracts
- Handle mailings of new title information
- Handle customer service inquiries and troubleshoot customer service problems
- Some experience of working in a sales environment, with an understanding of the demands placed on sales and the support needs of a sales team
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry or the book trade
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Demonstrate initiative and be self-starting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach
- Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to book fairs as required by the company
- Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets
- Ability to create and maintain positive and effective relationships with the sales team and other internal colleagues.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CRM software
- Competent user of core MS Office package
For further details please contact Fleur Daniell on +65 6513 1210 or share your details at email@example.com
Job Code: FD/11356
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.