This international law firm is looking for a Regional Business Development Manager to focus on driving business development for two of their core practice groups. This is a pivotal, high energy role where the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering in-line with the firm's Asia Pacific and Global strategy. While requiring strong initiative and independence, you will be part of a supportive and close-knit pan-regional business development and marketing team.
- Understand and engage with key markets, industry sectors, clients and services and identify potential BD opportunities
- Help drive Client Development plans, as well as identifying sector/practice area key accounts, helping establish client teams and assisting with the development and implementation of their plans, using account management techniques to support the delivery
- Facilitate/drive partners, senior lawyers and groups with preparation and implementation of annual/rolling business plans (and related budgeting aspects) and project managing their delivery
- Manage and assist with pitch and/or RFP processes, including planning and presentation sessions, developing differentiating RFP responses, coordinating, drafting and delivering pitch documentation, working with pitch teams and managing post pitch processes
- Manage events (small and large scale), ensuring they meet the objectives set
- Manage, and where necessary create, marketing materials, working with the design team, and undertake activities in support of the business development agenda – whether brochures, directory submissions, web pages, newsletters, reports, social media, seminars, conferences etc
- Develop, coordinate and deliver marketing communication initiatives to support BD plans including PR, publications and online communications, working with the marketing communication teams
- Support the ongoing collation of BD knowledge including pitch experience, intranet, legal directory submissions, and ideas for BD/marketing campaigns
- Facilitate cross-pollination of best practice, ideas, approaches, know-how, cross-selling opportunities, and market-knowledge both regionally and internationally between various groups across the firm
- Undertake, lead and drive various business development related projects as and when required. This will often involve working with the regional and/or international BD and/or legal teams
- A good understanding of the role marketing/business development plays within an international legal environment
- A degree in commerce, business or similarly relevant field understanding of the construction, corporate, and/or insurance market is a plus
- Over five years' business development and marketing experience within a professional services organisation where BD & Marketing is an effective business partner
- Proven commercial acumen and understanding of financials
- Strong client focus and knowledge of client management and related systems useful (for example InterAction, Vuture)
- A willingness and proven ability to work as part of a successful team
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of energy and proven ability to drive new business initiatives, influence beyond spans of control, and analyse and deliver results
- Highly developed critical reasoning skills and open-mindedness
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities under pressure or within tight timescales.
- Ability to effectively advocate the aims of the firm's business development agenda, assisting partners, lawyers and team members in maintaining an awareness of these aims and guiding their implementation
For further details please contact Fleur Daniell on +65 6513 1210 or share your details at email@example.com.
Job Code: FD/11262
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.